Sunday 27 February 2011

From Handmade to Heart-made

HANDMADE MONDAY.

Well I thought id get ahead of myself and have my blog done before Monday morning, that way I dont have to spend all day wondering If i will get a chance to update it :)
I have to say since Wendy started handmade monday, I have had lots more traffic to my blog and I have found some really interesting blogs to read too :) previously I felt like I was talking to myself alot, which isnt completely out of the norm for me but it was a little lonely.. so thank you Wendy, I am very grateful :) http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog and also, goodluck with the giveaway for your 50,000 visits. (i am still in awe with the figure) All of your plaques are fantasic :)



So what have I made. Suprisingly not much.. I am trying to think back through the last week and remember what exactly I have done.. I was busy at work all week, I came home in the evenings and made.....


This was a custom order, aquamarine crystal stone and a pearl (each representing birth stones) and a sterling silver filligree heart on a chunky bracelet.


I really like these pebble hearts so thought id try them out with some earrings. each with a single diamonte, a pebble heart and 3 lengths of chain holding a silver bead, a filligree bead and a stardust bead.

And other than making some orders for jewellery which you've already seen, there are no more new makes this week. (I feel disappointed) lol.


WHAT ELSE HAS OCCUPIED MY TIME..

Me and my son had 2 very lovely cats, Tango and Pepsi, they were full of energy, fun, cheeky and crazy all at the same time lol. But, as they grew older it became apparent that it wasnt fair for them to live where we live with no access to the great out doors until I was home. So I thought long and hard and found them a loving home together. It was hard to say goodbye to them, but it was for the right reasons and I know they are happier now being able to do what cats do best.. hunt mice :)
So that was 5 months ago... since my son often tells me that he misses his cats :(

So the new pets soon to arrive is........

FISH! lol no where near as exciting for Reece, but I thought he would have fun choosing the tank.. I thought wrong, he left all that down to me.. it seemed obvious that this purchase was more favoured by myself (although he has already named the future fish mario and sonic.. so he must be a little excited about it)  I choose the tank, with a waterfall that treacles out the top.. not quite the aquarium ive always wanted but its still lovely.  We just have no fish.. 3 days to settle the tank. maybe Reece will be more excited when we go and collect them lol.

And this is a sqaure strawberry! pointless but.. its square!!! lol


On a serious note...
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED PLEASE.

Just before christmas I lost my nan to cancer. It was horrible to see it happening and to see the struggle she went through to try and fight such a fierce disease, not to mention the hurt and pain it can bring to family and close friends.  I also lost my Grandma to cancer when I was a child, back then I was less aware of what was happening.

But now, I feel I am in a position to atleast try and help others.. even if its just a small donation, every little helps.


So I thought I will run an auction on my facebook page. 35% of the proceeds will go to Cancer Research UK.
I have picked a start date.. Saturday 12th March and I will let the auction run for a week so the end date will be Saturday 19th March.

I am listing as many items as possible for the auction so each day from now and prior to the auction you will see more and more items. (this means I am going to be up working late each evening... so I will have plenty of coffee at the ready :)

Someone offered to donate some items today, which was really lovely, so I will add these items to the album with links to the person who has donated them (obviously the full amount of the final bid will go straight to CR Uk).

If anyone else would like to donate any items then that would also be lovely. :)

I was also thought of doing a feature item. where, again, 100% money raised on that item will be donated.  Any suggestions on which of my items I could use for this? obviously the more chances of raising more money the better. I was thinking maybe a crystal cluster watch or the butterfly necklace I made last week (or something else?).

I have never run an auction before, and I have never organised a charity event before either, so i'm rusty and nervous lol.
I would really love some help spreading the word.
And if you think any of the above wont work.. please let me know :)


Many Thanks

Lucie xx

13 comments:

  1. The auction is a lovely idea. I'll happily donate something. I normally try to do race for life but don't seem to get the time due to crafting and fairs so it will be nice to help in another way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I often talk to myself. Hours a day actually. Plus I couldn't bear the thought of giving up my cats. We currently live on a main road so they don't go out. Whilst some people comment they think it is cruel, the cats seem happy as pigs in poop. As long as they are fed on time that's all that seems to bother them. So I can sympathize with your son. Interesting names for the fish by the way ;)

    Good luck with the charity event. I'm sure it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a lot in one blog post - love the jewellery, you all must miss your cats but I'm sure your son will be more interested in the fish once they actually arrive!

    And I'm sure I could donate something for your auction - maybe a plaque? Good luck wth it - email me with more info (links, dates, other goodies on offer, how it works for the public, etc) and I'll send some people your way!

    Thanks for taking part in Handmade Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) thats really generous. ive donated to a couple this year aswell, so its nice to do something more.

    I am glad im not the only one who speaks to myself lol. and lots of cats are happy being house cats aslong as they are loved and fed and get lots of attention then why not :) (mine were alone for 8hours a day so that was another unfair thing for them.

    And thank you Wendy too :) I will get all the details drafted up today and send you both an email :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to donate something as well. I lost my Grandad to cancer in November - heartbreaking x Please send me the info to take part. I hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry if this is a repeat comment, but I dont think the other worked.
    Beautiful jewellery and great fish tank. Once you get some fish in, it will be even better, but it is worth cycling your tank before adding fish, helps to keep the fish happier and healthier.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the waterfall on the fish tank, ours is sooo boring. Love your jewellery and good luck with the auction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your jewellery looks really nice, the cats are really cute and trust me you have done the right thing. We had to do the same with our Springer Spaniel, it hurts but it's better for the animal. Enjoy the fish, sometimes they are more amusing than the tv!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have been heart wrenching to say goodbye to the cats as they are gorgeous!
    Fish tank looks great
    Jewellery is lovely also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jewelry is pretty. The auction is a great idea, my Mom died of kidney cancer a little over ten years ago. It is a terrible disease. I hope your son enjoys the fish. I don't know why you didn't get him a snake... ;) (I am kidding!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your jewellery is lovely as always and the auction is a brilliant idea i hope you get lots of interest.

    I guess you'll be the one to clean and look after the fish - I know my mum ended up doing all that when my brother decided to get tropical fish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your jewellery and your photoes really show it off well. I will happily donate one of my doggy products for you to the auction. Following you from handmade Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone :)
    I am going to collect the fish today :) tiny little ones that dont make much mess lol.
    Oh Susie, ive had a snake before.. well my husband did.. what a scarey thing that was.. it tried to prey on me everytime i entered the room.. staring at me evily!! lol.

    Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. and thank you Zukie for your generous offer. I will send yu an email :) xx

    ReplyDelete