Monday 21 February 2011

A clustered mind

Last week I had an extremely busy week at work, what with my new added job role in my day job. That and the fact that my other half superglued all my beads together, I didnt think i'd be able to do any jewellery making at all!! Ok he didnt really glue them... thank god, I cant imagine how id feel if he had.. Shocked would be an understatement lol.

There are times when the idea of gluing beads down seems appealing. I often look at my bead boxes and think... One day the contents of this box will end up all over the floor, it's going to fall of the table, be dropped, or maybe tripped on..im not quite sure how but something is going to happen, and how do I know this?.... because I am very clumsy! And How long will it take to pick up thousands of beads and re-sort them into 36 different compartments?.. thats assuming its just the one box that falls. The thought sends shivers down my spine, I assume that I would freak out if and when this happens.

The other day however, I had a little taster of what is to come. I was pulling a string of beads out of the box, and managed to pick up the wrong end.. all 150+ beads made a lovely bouncing glassy sound as they all hit the floor. and then ..... SILENCE... This is the point where I would normally say something, whether it be 'Oh for crying out loud' or simply $@?*Beep*@%#. My OH was watching over waiting for my reaction... nothing. I actually managed to keep my calm! in my head i was thinking 'carry on like nothings happen.. (if I had said it out loud it would have sounded high pitched and squeeky)' Times like this I think its best to ignore whats happened, and if you do that.. someone else will tidy up the beads ;)

CLUSTER CLUSTER CLUSTER

On my last blog you will recall I made a bookmark, which I gave to my bookworm sister. The following day she gave me an order for 3 more bookmarks, she wanted one vampire themed, one with a butterfly and one with an angel, and I could make them however I thought best.. I have to say, these were fun to make (actually I say that about everything.. thats because I love my hobby) :)

The vampire theme. pitch black with a hint of deep red!
  
The Angel, Swarovski pink angel, girly purples and pinks.

         
 The butterfly clusters of pearls and crystals with a large silver butterfly and trailing swarovski butterflies. (I really like this one).. it looks so fresh and summery.. this has got me in the mood for some summery designs :)

I liked the idea of incorporating my butterfly design into a necklace (this is what I was making when I dropped the string of beads)

I made it with the same colours as the previous one, and added more crystals on the necklace.. I have tried it on.. and it looks lovely :)


I also made some earrings.


 And a cluster ring.
An this is a pic of one of the first rings i've made (out of a total of 4 that is lol)


And my last piece is something I actually wore today....
I started this watch a few months back, it was done in a completely diffeent style (threaded beads etc). But with my new cluster/summer motivation I started all over again.. and I am very happy with the finished piece. so these can now go up for sale in my store. Maybe in a range of colours....

HANDMADE MONDAY

Now you have seen my makes this week.. why not pop over to Wendy's page and share your Makes http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog
oh and whilst your there, join in the celebrations of her page hitting 50,000 visitors!!! Just a tad more than my 787 visits to my page lol.

Right, I think I best get myself a cuppa coffee and get on with some jewellery making before the day is out.. fingers crossed there are no disasters tonight :)

Thank you for reading xxx 

8 comments:

  1. Loving the watch and also the butterflies on the bookmark and necklace. The idea of the crystal tails is so inspired. I can tell you I have dropped a large box of seed beads and we had great(not) fun picking them up and then separating into individual colours. Believe me you will make sure if only happens once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything! But...the blue and purple ring is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh it is difficult to pick out what I like the most. I'm loving the book marks, So lavish, the white pearl necklace is so delicate and the watch, well, that's simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bookmarks are my favourite. Lovely and very practical.
    I dropped a pot of very small beads once on the morning of going to a craft fair and i said a few choice words at the time and still now find the odd one tucked away in a corner!
    Great makes this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you've been busy. Great jewellery as always. I bought a little hoover thing that is specially made for picking up small beads. It was for a friend of mine who did one of my workshops at the artfest and when she got home promptly dropped her beads all over the floor - I never got around to giving it to her I'll have to dig it out and see how good it is.

    Oh and thank you for the nomination - not sure how these things work - but thank you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the butterfly design. So intricate and well laid out. And I have to say the watch is pretty spectacular too.

    I must admit I drop the odd box now and again. Most of the time it has no effect since I keep most of them in the bags they came in. It's if the bags have holes that you have to worry. And beads can be found in the most interesting of place, even after you think you've found every last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly necklace is lovely :) I have so many ideas for watches now I've started! ADDICTIVE!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone :)
    im glad there's something you all like.
    I am defo going to have to invest in a small hoover i think lol
    I can see what you mean about addictive with the watches, i have loads of ideas for my next one :) x

    ReplyDelete