Step one: links to the pages who nominated me.. http://anitemeachdayoftheyear.blogspot.com/ and http://silverpebble.blogspot.com/ and http://www.silverthistlebeads.com/blog/versatile-blogger-award/ thank you very much Ladies :D
Step two. 7 random things about me:
1. I LOVE cake.. it was also my craving during pregnancy (a large family sized cream cake a day..YUM!!! I could never eat that much now tho) lol. and now my son also loves cake.. almost more than I do!! I have to eat my cake in secret now incase he wants it all lol.
2. I'm a London Gal... born and bred, I moved to Somerset for a couple of years but came back. 'You can take a girl outta london, but you cant take London outta a girl'. :)
3. I love to read. Although recently I havent had the chance too :( two fav authors are Sophie Kinsela and Lee Child.
4. I am an accounts manager for a Telecommunications company who specialise in lovely gadgets such as iPhones and Blackberrys. I have worked in various different roles of admin, but ended up sticking with Accounts. (i also used to work as a sales consultant for the Carphone Warehouse).
5. I cant bend my toes. I dont know how abnormal that is, but I have tried and I just cant! lol
6. I love gadgets. Im more of a tom boy than a girly girl when it comes to things like that. (hence working for mobile phone companies).
7. I LOVE cake!!! oh I already said that! I dont drive... I done a few lessons a few years back, i drove too fast and too close to the curb (on the pavement at times) I think if I did start again I would be really good at it now though. :D
Step 3. Nominate 15 recently decovered blogs.
1. http://dreamstardiary.blogspot.com/ 2. http://glitzandglamourjewellery.blogspot.com/ 3. http://itsamistrydesignstudio.blogspot.com/ 4. http://handywoodcrafts.blogspot.com/ 5. http://with-u-in-mind.blogspot.com/ 6. http://melissaceramics.wordpress.com/ 7. http://giftsbyjenny.blogspot.com/ 8. http://jinjajewellery.blogspot.com/ 9. http://amidesignsjewellery.blogspot.com/ 10. http://sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com/ 11. http://softflexgirl.blogspot.com/2011/02/hearts-and-spirals-by-jamie-hogsett.html 12. http://creativeandfaithful.blogspot.com/ 13. http://kryshees.blogspot.com/ 14. http://ballderdashandbunting.blogspot.com/ 15. http://madewithlovebykat.blogspot.com/
What have I been up to:
Well I was given the duty of dealing with Marketing funding, Distribution and reconciliation at work. At first I was a bit worried about whether I knew anything about marketing, with my boss leaving the country that day I was given the task of calling all necessary people to find out what I needed to know. 5 phone calls later I had a meeting booked for the following morning to give me a briefing and to go through strategy’s.. Which I was really nervous about.. I am not a confident bubbly sales/marketing type girl, I’m quiet and laid back, sit behind the desk kind of girl!
Next morning I realised that thankfully I can continue sitting behind my desk and do the job over the phone and through emails.. PHEW!! Also.....I was presented with gifts at this point I felt this was going to be a fun addition to my new role: FREE MERCHANDISE!!
The pen isn’t just a pen.. its a JAMES BOND STYLE pen/2GB memory pen.. I currently have the film 'Due Date' stored in it :)
There's was also a few other little non gadgety bits including an American flag which I gave to my son (who now thinks he is a pirate) :)
I missed Handmade Monday this week, due to being extremely busy at work and at home.
So here is what I have made since last Monday:
Someone asked me If I could do rainbow coloured flower bracelet (like one I made before) and earrings as well. They are thinking of having their bridesmaids wear them with Maxi dresses on their wedding day in Cyprus. So I said I will do a sample to send pics of and here they are....
This bookmark I made after reading Louisa's http://beadelicious-beads.blogspot.com/ (i just used crystals I had in my stock to give it a go. and I gave it to my sister.. who is a massive book worm and loved it )
On my last post you saw I had been making name on rice necklaces. Someone asked me to do a male version, so I did.. I added tiny spring coils and a metallic bead inside the vial and hung it from Leather cord with silver beads to give it more of a manly look :0)
I was in a massive Panic last night.
I was finishing an order for a customer, it was getting late and my eyes were getting sore. I needed to finish off by adding a tiny amount of Super glue to seal the lid. When i was squeezing the lid on I hadn’t noticed that, In my daze, I had poured it full of Superglue, it was seeping down the side all over my hand. After tearing the lid from my fingers, i tried to moved my thump and finger apart and to my horror they were glued together! I jumped up, screeching, and making panicky sounds, everything i touched was welding itself to me.. I was panicking some more waving my arms around in a frenzy.. and the whole time, my partner was sitting across the table to me and hadn’t noticed a thing ( it reminded me of one of those scenes where you see all the destruction and chaos and then the camera swtiches over to a calm tranquil setting, of chirping birds and baby deer bouncing across a field full of spring flowers).... LOL.. don’t you just hate it when that happens!! I finally managed to pry them apart, but my hands after looked like they belonged to some kind of alien. A lesson has been learnt here.. 1. never use super glue when tired. and 2. Never expect your partner to notice or save you from being trampled on by a stampede of noisy wild animals running through a quiet suburban village... luckily the chances of that happening are very slim!!! :)
Thank you for reading :)