Wednesday 25 May 2011

House arrest

Handmade Monday.. http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog/ please pop by Wendy's page and join in with Handmade Monday :)

Since last week my son caught chickenpox.. I was in shock when I saw the rash on his back on Thursday morning and by the afternoon he was absolutely smothered in them, a quick trip to the doctors confirmed my obvious suspicisions. Me and my son said goodbye to the outside world, no nursery, no work, no outdoor trips for 4-5days... no sunshine!

Everyone seemed to be avoiding us last week, we were beginning to get complexes lol.
Whilst being at home for so long, I seemed to become clumsier than ever, in one day I managed to catch my toe on a piece of stationery furniture which really really hurt, and then a few hours later my son accidently knocked over a dining room chair (which is heavy) and that landed straight on my little toe (next to the one which i had hurt earlier) OUCH!! lol. and then prior to that I whacked my arm on the frame of the door!!
By the end of the week I looked pale, washed out, battered, ill, tired and sun deprived lol.
And needless to say, I was glad to get back to the office (out of harms way) lol and my son is back to nursery aswell so he will be glad for the fresh air and fun too :)

Whilst at home and inbetween nursing my poorly son and my battered toes, I did manage to work on some new designs.....

 Ive had these lovely hearts for a few weeks and wanted to do something different with them and this was the outcome.
 Doing the pink flower on the previous necklace inspired me to do something even more flowery/pink and different.. this necklace is stunning on. I need to try and get a decent picture of it, its pretty long so difficult to get a full length pic.

 These 2 bracelets are custom orders, the first one my customer knew exactly what she wanted and the second we just knew to add a cross and a daisy (this was my third design before showing my customer) :)
 Glass square earrings with crystal clusters
 Angel wing earrings
 Hermitite squares with swarovski cubes
 Quartz crystals with flower charms and flower spacers
Pandora style bracelet, I have lots of colours and lots of beads for these!

This week I am offering 20% off any purchase in my store, click here to visit my website, and enter FB20 on checkout for your 20% off. offer ends Friday.

I do have a few more designs which I have completed, but I dont have pics yet so I will share them with you next week :)

Thank you for reading xx

11 comments:

  1. I love your cross bracelet - very gothic! Could do with one of those for the honeymoon... off to check out your shop me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember those chicken pox days well. It seemed like one child after another succumbed and we were holed up for weeks!

    Lovely jewellery!

    Thanks for taking part in Handmade Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all lovely but as an earrings gal I think the glass square ones are my fave. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you... all that calamine, eh? I love your jewellery, it has a really substantive look, especially like the pearl and heart bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work at any rate, sorry you were home with a sick child. All three of mine had chicken pox, the first two while I was pregnant with the third, and then the third one years later. This was before it was routinely vaccinated for in the US. Is it not part of the regular immunizations in the UK? I think it is rare here in the US now. I am curious to see if the rate of shingles goes down when this generation is older. THAT is a miserable disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Kat I dont have much goth looking items in my store, but I can make you something if you like?
    My Sons Childminders son has come down the the chicken pox now lol.. every 2 weeks and another one catches it, the nursery cant have a full class for months i bet lol. bless at least its getting over and done with. :)

    Aww its lovely too see everyone likes a different piece.. thats what I aim for :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thats horrible Susie.
    Thankfully you didnt have it whilst pregnant. My dad had his as an adult and was really poorly. its worse for adults.
    They dont routinely vaccinate for chicken po in the UK, I think vacines are only used for at risk people. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw boo to the chicken pox!

    Love the jewellery especially the goth bracelet and the angel wing earrings.

    LH
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicken Pox not good, bashed tootsies not good, jewellery great. Love them all.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too remember being stuck indoors with the kids with chicken pox.
    Isn't it strange how being forced to stay at home can make you listless and clumsy.
    Lovely jewellery though so at least you made some good use of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a month confined to barracks with my two. My friend had 4 days - how is that fair? Love the jewellery, my fave is the square earrings.

    ReplyDelete