Thursday 18 November 2010

And so the journey began...

Now that I had my motivation it was time to get creative! As earrings clearly werent my thing I decided bracelets would be a nice project and so I ordered lots more beads and made a bracelet...



followed by another one...

 and another....
 and another..
 and another...

I then created a business page on Facebook..

Angels and Diamonds

Promote your Page too

And the orders started coming in.

AT A PRICE....

Working until 2am is fine but tiredness can make you do silly things.. I was so excited about putting my new bracelets on facebook that I hadnt noticed that I had put an incorrect price on one of my bracelets (the purple flower one).. stupidly I advertised the price the same as the cost of the beads alone. Doh!

So when I got an order for four of these bracelets the following day I felt mixed feelings.. excited that people liked the bracelet, and gutted that I would be making them at loss.
Luckily though they werent the only bracelet that has sold, in the first few days I have had orders for twelve!! :)

Its funny how a few compliments from others can boost your confidence levels and bring out the more creative person..

Watch this space for more designs....

Lucie x

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful jewellery. Thank you so much for the invitation to follow your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete